Welcome to HealthShop@Toowong
Product of the month: Green Nutritionals Green Superfoods
This time of year is a great time to address any ongoing immune issues and building yourself up ready for winter. Supergreens such as Spirulina, Chlorella, Barley Grass and Wheatgrass are a type of greens high in nutrients that keep your body healthy and ward off disease. Benefits include:
- High in Phytonutrients that are necessary for sustaining human life and preventing disease.
- Good Source of Fibre which is essential for proper bowel movement and to keep the colon healthy. Fibre may also decrease the risk of other cancers and diabetes because it helps to remove toxins from the body in an efficient manner.
- Provides Digestive Enzymes:The proper breakdown of food won't happen without enough enzymes in the body, and as we age, we naturally produce less enzymes. Enzymes in the form of greens will make your digestion more efficient and provide greater overall energy.
- Heals Tissues: Extracts of the chlorophyll found in supergreens appear to stimulate the growth of new skin tissue in wounds, and seem especially active in wounds that refuse to heal with other treatments.
- Also a great recovery from those birthday celebrations!
If you need further information or any assistance in choosing supplements, call in & see our friendly naturopaths Sanna and Leonie. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Check our Facebook page for updates delicious healthy recipes & upcoming taste testings - Like our page!
We sell quality, innovative and exciting natural healthcare products, as well as offering advice on health and nutrition from our qualified naturopaths & nutrition specialists, along with exceptional service. Private consultations in our Naturopathic Clinic are available with our Naturopath Tara Rae.
Vitamins are essential nutrients that the body cannot make itself, which means that they must be taken in through diet or supplements. When our diets are lacking and foods are grown in poor soils, or we have a health condition, supplements can offer a well-needed boost, whether it be a vitamin, mineral, herb or some other product such as a flower essence. At HealthShop@Toowong we stock those ranges we know offer quality products, so that you get the best.
In today's busy world, it can be tough making healthy choices. A healthy home means you have non-toxic cleaners and natural skincare, makeup and bodycare in hand. Many people turn to quick, cheap and unhealthy fast foods and then to quick fix medications to solve a variety of health issues. If you or someone in your family face minor ailments, do your best to deal with them without medication, seek natural alternatives.
What your family eats is important, so eat healthy, whole foods that are cooked in your home. If you have children, then teach your children to combine healthy eating with daily exercise and activity and how to make healthy choices. Learning the ins and outs of healthy eating will go a long way to increasing your energy and vitality. Call in and talk to our Naturopaths and Nutrition Specialists for advice.
HealthShop@Toowong stocks many books to help you learn about your body, your health and well-being as well as allergy free cookbooks. Check 'The Lunchbox Revolution' for great tips from Author Mona Hecke, Naturopath.
We look forward to seeing you soon.