Welcome to HealthShop@Toowong
During winter our body is fighting hard to maintain its core body temperature & is therefore more susceptible to colds & flu's in the colder months!
8 Ways to Boost Your Immune System:-
- Colloidal Silver is an old fashioned product with a renewed modern relevance in a world of antibiotics, antibacterials & superbugs, the use of Colloidal Silver to kill pathogens is by no means new, with documented use since the 1800's. Colloidal Silver is bacteriostatic, meaning it works as a catalyst, disabling the particular enzyme that one-celled bacteria, fungi and viruses use for their metabolism, therefore it is effective against numerous pathogens.
- Vitamin D: You might be surprised to know that most people have low vitamin D levels (especially in the winter). Even dangerously low. Statistics show that most people who thought they were reasonably healthy actually had levels below 20 ng/ml, a range that could severely limit your immune system and hormone balance.
- Super Herbs & Vitamins: Andrographis, Echinacea & Elderberry, Olive Leaf, Vit C & Zinc - all are used widely by herbalists for treating and preventing colds and flu, and to boost the immune system.
- Chicken & Vege broth: the importance of eating healthy warming nutritional foods is especially important as is avoiding highly refined & processed foods, especially avoid sugar if you're not feeling that crash hot.
- Raw Honey & Lemon juice warm drink with Ginger & Cayenne: keep hydrated drink lots of herbal teas as well! call in we have Cheeki Insulated Flasks & a **NEW range of GLASS Water Bottles with in-built lemon squeezer!
- Garlic: one of the most potent of all superfoods - Kyolic aged Garlic is High Potency & very effective to battle the germs, without the bad breath! Garlic contains allicin, which has powerful immune-enhancing properties, as well as vitamins and minerals needed for healthy immune function. Garlic has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, offering protection against colds and flu.
- Probiotics: 70% of your immune system lies in your gut flora and the health of the friendly organisms in your gut is there to protect you against pathogens and sickness.
- Ezi-Breathe Essential Oil Blend or Brauer Vapour Rub: inhaling these natural essentials oils when people around you will help to keep you healthy. 100% pure plant extracts, and NO PETROLEUM. 'Little Innocents' Baby version now available in chest rub.
If you need any assistance in choosing, call in and see our expert friendly naturopaths and nutritionists Sanna & Leonie. Sanna, with 22 years clinical experience, is available for private consultations by appointment - to book phone 3870 8118. Leonie is a lecturer at the College of Natural Medicine.
Like our page at:
We sell quality, innovative and exciting natural healthcare products, as well as offering advice on health and nutrition from our qualified naturopaths & nutrition specialists, along with exceptional service. Private consultations in our Naturopathic Clinic are available with our Naturopath Sanna Furustig.
Vitamins are essential nutrients that the body cannot make itself, which means that they must be taken in through diet or supplements. When our diets are lacking and foods are grown in poor soils, or we have a health condition, supplements can offer a well-needed boost, whether it be a vitamin, mineral, herb or some other product such as a flower essence. At HealthShop@Toowong we stock those ranges we know offer quality products, so that you get the best.
In today's busy world, it can be tough making healthy choices. A healthy home means you have non-toxic cleaners and natural skincare, makeup and bodycare in hand. Many people turn to quick, cheap and unhealthy fast foods and then to quick fix medications to solve a variety of health issues. If you or someone in your family face minor ailments, do your best to deal with them without medication, seek natural alternatives.
What your family eats is important, so eat healthy, whole foods that are cooked in your home. If you have children, then teach your children to combine healthy eating with daily exercise and activity and how to make healthy choices. Learning the ins and outs of healthy eating will go a long way to increasing your energy and vitality. Call in and talk to our Naturopaths and Nutrition Specialists for advice.
HealthShop@Toowong stocks many books to help you learn about your body, your health and well-being as well as allergy free cookbooks. Check 'The Lunchbox Revolution' for great tips from Author Mona Hecke, Naturopath.
We look forward to seeing you soon.