Welcome to HealthShop@Toowong
Children need healthy lunch options as they are growing at a fast pace & need to keep up with their body's needs.They require healthy protein for growth & repair, carbohydrates for energy, iron for concentration & memory, fats for healthy blood sugar balance & fibre to avoid constipation. Healthy sources of these nutrients will keep up with their needs while teaching them healthy habits for the rest of their lives. How to make good food choices is important in these formative years.
Must-Know Lunchbox Tips for your Kids
- Allow children to choose their healthy food options for their own lunches from a range of healthy options. Getting them involved will help to reinforce the concept that 'healthy eating makes you stronger & smarter! They can make up their own recipe book of their favourites!
- Provide healthy snack foods in the pantry with little or no options for sugary/salty/junk foods to develop their palette. Ensure they have good zinc levels so they can taste properly (we do testing here!)
- Use the fun 'eat a rainbow (of fruit and vegetables) every day' concept to ensure adequate fruits and veggies are eaten.
- Smoothies! Encourage children to choose ingredients to put in a smoothie each day - berries, greens, seeds with almond butter, coconut oil, cacao, chia seeds - the list is endless! Or pop in & get one of the raw smoothie powders for children!
- Key products that will ensure kids are starting the year off healthy as possible are: Raw smoothie powders, Vital Greens for children, Fish oils for brain function, Cacao powders for smoothies & healthy treats. Herbs of Gold have a range of vitamins specifically tailored for children - Immune Care, Calci Care, Multi Care & Fish-i Care- click here for more information and come in and try them today!
If you need any assistance in choosing supplements, call in & see our friendly naturopath Sanna. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Check our Facebook page for updates delicious healthy recipes & upcoming taste testings - Like our page!
We sell quality, innovative and exciting natural healthcare products, as well as offering advice on health and nutrition from our qualified naturopaths & nutrition specialists, along with exceptional service. Private consultations in our Naturopathic Clinic are available with our Naturopath Tara Rae.
Vitamins are essential nutrients that the body cannot make itself, which means that they must be taken in through diet or supplements. When our diets are lacking and foods are grown in poor soils, or we have a health condition, supplements can offer a well-needed boost, whether it be a vitamin, mineral, herb or some other product such as a flower essence. At HealthShop@Toowong we stock those ranges we know offer quality products, so that you get the best.
In today's busy world, it can be tough making healthy choices. A healthy home means you have non-toxic cleaners and natural skincare, makeup and bodycare in hand. Many people turn to quick, cheap and unhealthy fast foods and then to quick fix medications to solve a variety of health issues. If you or someone in your family face minor ailments, do your best to deal with them without medication, seek natural alternatives.
What your family eats is important, so eat healthy, whole foods that are cooked in your home. If you have children, then teach your children to combine healthy eating with daily exercise and activity and how to make healthy choices. Learning the ins and outs of healthy eating will go a long way to increasing your energy and vitality. Call in and talk to our Naturopaths and Nutrition Specialists for advice.
HealthShop@Toowong stocks many books to help you learn about your body, your health and well-being as well as allergy free cookbooks. Check 'The Lunchbox Revolution' for great tips from Author Mona Hecke, Naturopath.
We look forward to seeing you soon.